District 7 Delegates Lauren Arikan, Ryan Nawrocki and Kathy Szeliga announce the details to their Maryland Delegate Scholarship program.
We are happy to announce the opening of our annual scholarship application! The Maryland Delegate Scholarship is offered to Maryland residents who plan to pursue a postsecondary credential full-time (12+ credits undergraduate or 9+ credits graduate per semester) or part-time (6-11 credits undergraduate or 6-8 credits graduate per semester) at a two-year or four-year Maryland college, university or private career school.
Every year, each Delegate and Senator in the Maryland General Assembly receives legislative scholarship funds through the Maryland Higher Education Commission to award to their constituents who are pursuing higher education.
If you live in eastern Baltimore County, District 7A, or southern Harford County, District 7B, and are pursuing a degree, you may qualify for an award from the Office of Delegate Kathy Szeliga, Delegate Ryan Nawrocki, or Delegate Lauren Arikan.
Our scholarship opened in January, and the application deadline is March 1st. Please reach out; we will gladly share a link to our 2024-2025 scholarship application.
Who is Eligible?
● Current high school seniors;
● Current or prospective full-time degree-seeking undergraduate students;
● Current or prospective part-time degree-seeking undergraduate students;
● Current or prospective full-time degree-seeking graduate students;
● Current or prospective part-time degree-seeking graduate students; or
● Current or prospective private career school enrollees.
All in-state majors are eligible.
Award recipients who are currently enrolled, or were enrolled within the last two years, in a certificate or license program, course, or sequence of courses at a community college that leads to certification or licensure may use the scholarship to reimburse educational expenses.
● Award recipients may use this scholarship at an out-of-state school if your major is unavailable at any Maryland institution and if your legislator agrees. To apply for “unique major status,” please visit www.mhec.state.md.us
● Scholarships can be used at out-of-state institutions if the applicant is on active duty with the U.S. Military and domiciled in the state.
● The scholarship may be used out-of-state if the student is disabled and studying at an institution outside the state that makes special provisions for disabled students that are not available to the applicant at an institution in Maryland.
Certain unique majors not offered at a Maryland public university may also be eligible for the Academic Common Market, a tuition savings program that allows students enrolled in approved programs at participating institutions to pay in-state tuition rates! Click here to learn more.
This past year’s scholarship cycle saw an outstanding number of scholars with great leadership opportunities who will each make an impact on our state. We awarded a total of $157,000 to 172 students.
We hosted a reception at the Perry Hall Library to honor the recipients and thoroughly enjoyed meeting these bright young people. We have already received over 100 inquiries for our 2024-2025 application.
To apply or gather more information, please email the scholarship committee for District 7 at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need further help, you can contact our official office for assistance at:
We look forward to meeting more scholars in District 7 and supporting those seeking higher education! Good luck!